Telespazio Belgium can count on almost 40 years of experience in the field of Space Operations Service & Engineering activities.
We provide a significant contribution to the most major Space programs of the European Space Agency. Our core business is to work on the ground to build bridges into space, contributing to the success of ambitious missions.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA. We provide a permanent contract with great benefits, a good salary, a relocation package along with genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a PA & Safety Engineer to work in Paris, France.
What is expected from you:
You will be assigned as integrated support to the Product Assurance and safety office within the framework of ESA Programs and activities at the Directorate of Space Transportation.
In support to project ESA PA&Safety Managers (i.e. PAM), and in close relationships with the other PA, and RAMS officers, your main duties will be
- Contributing to the establishment of the PA&S requirements baseline for elements of designated project(s), in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy.
- Produce and implement ESA project PA&S plans
- Verifying the fulfillment of the PA&S requirements, demonstrating the appropriate application of Management Specifications in coherence with Applicable PA & management rules.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project(s) PA&S programs in order to assess their performance and effectiveness (ensuring that the PA&S requirements are properly addressed by the Prime and throughout the overall contractual chain) and proposing the necessary preventive and corrective actions.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors during program/project reviews (PRRs, PDRs, CDRs, QR, KPs), and managing the related actions/recommendations. Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed).
- Supporting project for development reviews preparation and follow-up: organization of documentation key points, participation in Project review as a Quality animator, contribution to design, acceptance (TRR, TRB, …) and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of the meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed
- Representing ESA in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meetings, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements by participating in the MPCB (Material and Process Control Board) and ECEB (Electronic Component Evaluation Board).
- Possibly responsible for project RAMS management activities status (managing CIL) and participating to safety file as necessary. Preparing PA and RAMS documentation as relevant, ensuring execution and implementation of related analysis.
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration, and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections. Produce a report on activities performed with conclusions and recommendations.
- Contributing to defining the formal acceptance requirements, conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items and guiding the necessary follow-up.
- Organizing with the support of the Project Technical Office and PA&S Office, quality inquiry as necessary
- Ensuring the implementation of software PA requirements using software PA support as appropriate.
- Arranging and coordinating support from Directorate of technology, Engineering and Quality experts of the functions under PA&S responsibility.
- Other tasks in the PA/S domain may be required based on project needs.
- The tasks may require frequent missions in Europe (and in French Guyana).
What you offer
- Master's degree in relevant engineering and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Significant experience in PA&S discipline as applied in space projects.
- Experience in technical domain (e.g. launchers and spacecraft technologies).
- Understanding of related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape.
- Experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, French is an asset.
What we Offer
- A competitive salary;
- Hybrid working scheme (3 days in the office and 2 days remote)
- A career development (Coursera membership + training budget);
- A 35-hour working week;
- Flexible working hours, you are in charge of your own agenda;
- 25 days of holidays, plus 9 additional days, plus ESA closure days (4-5days depending on the calendar) which are apart from Public holidays
- 50% paid health insurance
- Transportation allowance;
- Meal voucher,
- A good relocation package
The work will be performed on-site in Paris, France.
Deadline to apply: ASAP
Expected starting date: ASAP
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, Webex, or other digital platforms.
We look forward to receiving your application for this position!